Build a Zoo
Take your children to the Zoo for a different activity in the school holidays! They’ll make new friends and learn lots!
Under the slogan "Nature Guardians”, children will become authentic guardians of habitats and the animals that live in them. With the help of our special host animals, they’ll also discover everything we do at the Zoo and enjoy some great days among us!
- Days: Monday to Friday
- Times: 9 am to 1 pm (without lunch) or 9 am to 4.30 pm (with lunch)
- Age: 5 to 14 years old
Registration opens on 8 May at 8 am.
Information sessions 4, 11 and 18 May. Find out more below!
What do we do?
A Zoo is a very complex place. There are many factors that are part of its daily life: preparing the food for all the animals, the veterinary management, the work of the keepers, the maintenance and construction of new facilities that guarantee the well-being of the different species... Come and find out why zoos are important, how they work and all their secrets. Come and find out why zoos are important, how they work and all their secrets, and as we learn we will build our own zoo!
The children taking part in the activity camp will become true “guardians of nature” and will strengthen an essential bond with habitats and fauna. They’ll also discover what the Zoo does to help towards conservation and biodiversity, and enjoy some great days with the animals and educators.
Each day brings different surprises, with time to visit lots of corners of the Zoo, see how keepers look after the animals, how they prepare their food, and help them with some of their tasks too! There’s time for leisure too, with games and handicrafts to take away a special memento from an unforgettable week. They’ll be accompanied at all times by the educators at the Zoo, all of whom are responsible professionals in the field of natural sciences and have plenty of experience in teaching and leisure, plus bags of enthusiasm!
- 4 May: face-to-face meeting at the Zoo, at 18:00 h.
- 11 May: telematic meeting via Microsoft Teams, at 18:00 h
- 18 May: face-to-face meeting at the Zoo, at 18:00 h
Families should register for the meetings by sending an email to email@example.com indicating which day they would like to come.
Those families who register for the telematic meeting will receive the link to the meeting a few days before.
We recommend that families do not attend with their children as we will not have a reception service during this time.
5 day camp without lunch:
- Zoo Club members: € 135
- Zoo Club members with large family / single parent card: € 120
- Not members of Zoo Club: € 145
- Non Zoo Club members with large family / single parent card: € 135
5 day camp with lunch included:
- Zoo Club members: € 210
- Zoo Club members with large family / single parent card: € 190
- Not members of Zoo Club: € 235
- Non Zoo Club members with large family / single parent card: € 210
Special promotions (not accumulable with other discounts):
Discount of 5% if 2 casals are made or 2 siblings are scored and discounted 10% in case of 3 casals or more or 3 siblings are added to the same reserve.
8.50 - Access through the ticket offices in Wellington street.
9.00 - Start of the house and presentation of daily activities
9.00 to 12.30 - Activities with animals from the Zoo, variable according to the day and the theme of the house. Between activities, there is a stop for breakfast.
13.00 to 14.00 - Lunch
13.00 - Departure of the participants who only come to the zoo in the morning.
14.00 to 15.00 - Game time
15.00 to 16.20 - Field work, group dynamics and other activities.
16.20 - 16.30 - The children will be picked up at the ticket offices in Wellington street
Documents required to register
Once the registration has been made, it is essential to deliver the following documentation to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Registration and authorization form signed by the child's parent or legal guardian
- Photocopy of large family card (if applicable)
- Photocopy of Zoo Club membership card (if applicable)
- Photocopy of disability certificate (if applicable)
- Medical report in case of food intolerance or allergy for the catering service email@example.com A / C Beatriz Castuera (In case they eat at the house)
- You must bring all the documentation for each of your children.
- It is mandatory to send all the documentation by e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org), at most, 10 days before the start of the event.
- The original signed documentation must be submitted on the day of the start of the event.
- In the event that all the documentation is not delivered within the indicated deadlines, the pre-reservation will be automatically canceled.
What to bring?
Boys and girls should wear comfortable clothing suitable for the time of year. We recommend that they bring a change of clothes, a cap, and that sun protection is applied at home (although there are many shady places in the Zoo, they will not always be sheltered from the sun).
Children should not bring valuable items like mobile phones, videogames, cameras, money, etc.
From around 10 to 10.30 am, we take a short break and, if you like, you can give your children a light snack for this time.
- On the first day the kids will be given a list when they arrive to give to parents/responsible persons with the name of their educator. It is extremely important for you to tell the camp manager or educator on the first day if the participant will be picked up by other persons and provide their names and identity card numbers.
- The Zoo has a doctor on hand after 10 am, who will handle any medical incident that could arise.
- Lunch will be served at about 1 pm at one of the zoo’s restaurants. If your child has to follow a special diet or has some sort of allergy or intolerance, don’t forget to note it down on the registration form and email a medical report to email@example.com, explaining the problem so the catering service can deal with it, at least 10 days before the zoo's holiday camp starts.
- If the participant must be given any medication, an authorisation form must be completed so that the Medical Service can administer it.
- Some of the programme's activities may be suspended or have the day changed for causes related to handling the animals.