Take your children to the Zoo for a different activity in the school holidays! They’ll make new friends and learn lots!
Under the slogan "Nature Guardians”, children will become authentic guardians of habitats and the animals that live in them. With the help of our special host animals, they’ll also discover everything we do at the Zoo and enjoy some great days among us!
- Days: Monday to Friday
- Times: 9 am to 1 pm (without lunch) or 9 am to 4.30 pm (with lunch)
- Age: 5 to 14 years old
Registration opens on 9 May at 8 am.
What do we do?
Since a few years ago, the Pokémon game, an imaginary world full of animals that match with people, has become very popular among young people. But this imaginary world has had a source of inspiration, the real world. Many of the pokémons that we will find in the game have an equivalent in reality. In this house for fans of these legendary characters, we will try to find the coincidences between fiction and reality, and learn from this real inspiration.
The children and youngsters who participate in the workshop will become real "guardians of nature" and will strengthen a much-needed bond with the habitats and their fauna. They will also discover what the Zoo does to contribute to the conservation of biodiversity and will spend splendid days with the animals and the educators.
Each day will bring different surprises, with time to visit many parts of the Zoo, see how the keepers take care of the animals, how they prepare their food and also help them in some of these tasks! There will be no shortage of games and crafts to make a special memory of an unforgettable week, always accompanied by the Zoo's educators, all of them professionals in the field of natural sciences with a lot of experience in pedagogical and educational tasks, responsible and very energetic!
5 day camp without lunch:
- Zoo Club members: € 135
- Zoo Club members with large family / single parent card: € 120
- Not members of Zoo Club: € 145
- Non Zoo Club members with large family / single parent card: € 135
5 day camp with lunch included:
- Zoo Club members: € 210
- Zoo Club members with large family / single parent card: € 190
- Not members of Zoo Club: € 235
- Non Zoo Club members with large family / single parent card: € 210
Special promotions (not accumulable with other discounts):
Discount of 5% if 2 casals are made or 2 siblings are scored and discounted 10% in case of 3 casals or more or 3 siblings are added to the same reserve.
8.50 - Access through the ticket offices of the Parc de la Ciutadella.
9.00 - Start of the house and presentation of daily activities
9.00 to 12.30 - Activities with animals from the Zoo, variable according to the day and the theme of the house. Between activities, there is a stop for breakfast.
13.00 to 14.00 - Lunch
13.00 - Departure of the participants who only come to the house in the morning
14.00 to 15.00 - Game time
15.00 to 16.20 - Field work, group dynamics and other activities.
16.20 - 16.30 - The children will be picked up at the box office of the Parc de la Ciutadella.
Documents required to register
Once the registration has been made, it is essential to deliver the following documentation to email@example.com:
- Registration and authorization form signed by the child's parent or legal guardian
- Photocopy of large family card (if applicable)
- Photocopy of Zoo Club membership card (if applicable)
- Photocopy of disability certificate (if applicable)
- Medical report in case of food intolerance or allergy for the catering service firstname.lastname@example.org A / C Beatriz Castuera (In case they eat at the house)
- You must bring all the documentation for each of your children.
- It is mandatory to send all the documentation by e-mail (email@example.com), at most, 10 days before the start of the event.
- The original signed documentation must be submitted on the day of the start of the event.
- In the event that all the documentation is not delivered within the indicated deadlines, the pre-reservation will be automatically canceled.
What to bring?
Boys and girls should wear comfortable clothing suitable for the time of year. We recommend that they bring a change of clothes, a cap, and that sun protection is applied at home (although there are many shady places in the Zoo, they will not always be sheltered from the sun). In summer, they should bring a swim costume, sandals and a towel, as-–weather permitting—they can have a swim during break time.
Children should not bring valuable items like mobile phones, videogames, cameras, money, etc.
From around 10 to 10.30 am, we take a short break and, if you like, you can give your children a light snack for this time.
- On the first day the kids will be given a list when they arrive to give to parents/responsible persons with the name of their educator and the classroom where they will be during the camp. On the following days you can go directly to the classroom both for dropping off and picking up the kids. It is extremely important for you to tell the camp manager or educator on the first day if the participant will be picked up by other persons and provide their names and identity card numbers.
- The Zoo has a doctor on hand after 10 am, who will handle any medical incident that could arise.
- Lunch will be served at about 1 pm at one of the zoo’s restaurants. If your child has to follow a special diet or has some sort of allergy or intolerance, don’t forget to note it down on the registration form and email a medical report to firstname.lastname@example.org, explaining the problem so the catering service can deal with it, at least 10 days before the zoo's holiday camp starts.
- If the participant must be given any medication, an authorisation form must be completed so that the Medical Service can administer it.
- Some of the programme's activities may be suspended or have the day changed for causes related to handling the animals.
Do you have questions?
For more information, fill out the form below and we will contact you.